Tuesday, March 24, 2009

this weeks three R's: Rodin, Ronnie & Rocky


my brain is still in vacation mode. i'm back at school after spending spring break in Philly. a week free of worries and the ability to actually relax was much needed. i took the bus, which people are often surprised to find out, but i am fully capable of traveling alone through sketchy bus stops... i just put on my "don't mess with me" face and i'm all set. the main purpose of my trip was to visit Ronnie, one of my greatest friends who i hadn't seen in a year, and it was a great time. he was obliging enough to take me into the city to see the Rodin Museum (aaaammmaaazzzing- theres a reason he's my all-time favorite sculptor) and the Philadelphia Museum of Art. i know museums really aren't everyones cup of tea, but i love them, and him for taking me and not complaining as i dragged him through gallery after gallery for 4 hours. the philly museum is of course featured in the original Rocky film, so even though we didn't run up the steps, we watched other fools do it.




i still don't have concrete decisions for next year. MassArt is definitely out, i really have not had a good experience dealing with their offices and don't want to go to such a huge school. I visited Montserrat, and i LOVED it. i wanted to pack up my suitcase and move there that day. i got my financial aid packet from them and have 70% of the cost of tutition completely paid for, and already aproved for loans for the other 30%. that is GOOD NEWS. i really wasn't expecting that great of a school to be that far within my reach!
while i am learning more and more towards formally accepting the offer from Montserrat, i still want to wait and see what the SMFA has to say.

both schools are amazing, but in the end it may come down to who wants to help me out the most financially. decisions, decisions.

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 another art student:. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator