Thursday, May 14, 2009

a night of excellence, and cheesecake.


dad and I went to my school's awards dinner tonight where i received the John C. Burton award, a scholarship given to a transferring art student. i was really excited to be nominated and then to win it was truly an honor. the scholarship is definitely going to let me breathe a little easier as far as paying for school goes. the dinner was an enjoyable time, i love going to events with my dad. my name wasn't until the third page of the program, so we spent the rest of the dinner making snarky comments and downing massive amounts of coffee and a bit of wine as well. my dad also got to meet Prof. Pacheco, my painting teacher, which was cool. i wish i would've been able to have more classes with him while at mt. wachusett, but he told me to come back and have a show in the school gallery once i get a decent body of work together so that was really encouraging. aside from almost falling up the stairs on my way to accept the award, it was a great night.

also, i won the floral centerpiece. bonus.

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 another art student:. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator